My new obsession is Kanye West’s new BFF Mr. Hudson. Not much is known about him. I have tried to research about him but the only thing that is evident is that his real name is Ben Hudson! He appears a proper English gent which is probably why I’m attracted to him. Blonde hair has never appealed to me; especially bleached blonde hair. But having said that, there is some mystique surrounding him. Maybe he’s strangely alluring because I never thought he would create music with any kind of R&B feel to it. It could be his Darcy posture and his slight aloofness or maybe it is because I cannot obtain his date of birth from anywhere!
Mr. Hudson’s songs are a cool, complimentary blend of R&B and indie. For this reason, I believe he is an original musical mastermind and I hold very high estimations for him in the future. He has impressed the likes of Kanye and Jay-Z. I just hope that he can now win over the hearts of the British public and establish himself fully as an artist in his own right without having to be linked to American superstars for his success. Mr. Hudson mas made appearances on a few shows around the UK supporting Calvin Harris. I did not get tickets for any of those shows but I will be keeping my eyes open for when he tours under his own headline. Mr Hudson is the definitely the artist to watch out for in 2010!
After such a declaration, I leave you with this anthemic song There Will Be Tears on his Straight No Chaser debut album. It is hard to pick a favourite on his album but this song makes my spine tingle everytime I listen to it. Press play, sit back, close your eyes and relax!
There has been some bad press lately about one of my favourite bands the Jonas Brothers. The boys picked up Worst Album and Worst Band at the NME Awards in London on Wednesday, February 25th. The article (which can be found here) claims that “The band are officially worse than Scouting For Girls and Fall Out Boy”. I’m not a big fan of Scouting For Girls or Fall Out Boy but there is nothing wrong with their music. I absolutely hate it when people think they are music aficinado’s and that anything that is too mainstream is not to be considered decent music. They are not music experts but closed minded, arrogant twats. Anything that does not fall under punk rock or indie rock is to be shunned? That is total bullshit. I feel I have more of a stand in judging music, my musical tastes range from pop to rock to R&B to soul, I even have a few oldies put in for good measure. By looking at my Last FM page you’ll be able to see my top 8 most played artists: The Cure, George Michael, Jimmy Eat World, Take That, Jonas Brothers, The Script, Ne-Yo and Robert Pattinson. No one can tell me I have no idea about music. And that’s just my top 8! When it comes to music, no one can deny me of being open minded. It is just about the only thing I am open minded about! So, after clarifying my right to talk about what music is good music, I will now begin to defend my love of the Jonas Brothers.
- They are heartthrobs. It isn’t just teens who like the band. Joe Jonas has been rumoured to be dating Camilla Belle. She is 22 and he is 19. I am not too old to like them. The oldest, Kevin, is 21. He is six months older than me. I don’t think that’s paedophilia!?
- Think about boybands of the 90’s, they were way cheesier than these guys! JB’s songs are catchy, very catchy in my case. So why all the hatred?
- You cannot deny their business skills. They have released album after album after album for the past three years, have performed at countless of shows, have had two movies released… these boys aren’t so stupid! I don’t think they’d care about haters. Would you care if you had millions of dollars rolling in? I think not.
- They are great role models for kids. They are all round nice guys. Whether or not you believe in their virginity pact, they are setting a good example. Their songs are not about sex, something which is unusual for music of today.
- They are amazing performers. They know how to get a crowd going with singing, instrument playing and acrobatics. I have seen them perform twice and am going to see them again June 15th. I can’t get enough.
Meeting JB at Hammersmith Apollo on September 11th, 2008
Whatever anyone says to me, these guys rock my socks! And people can call me sad or say that I have bad music taste, but I know that I do have good music taste. I am open minded too. It’s just a shame that haters aren’t that way too. I believe people to be jealous, JB have the money, the success, the fame, the girls. It seems like these factors cloud haters’ judgement and instead of viewing their music for music, all they see are reasons to dislike them. Reasons that have nothing to do with their talent.
Filed under Celebrity, Music